Monday, April 21, 2008

I got accepted!

Looks like once you get into the Google Summer of Code, your e-mail is added to a private student's mailing list, where a few hundred students are currently making their introductions...

So, after an hour of reading and clearing e-mails, I wondered whether anyone from my university also joined in. Nope, perhaps no one applied in the first place?

Anyway, I'm gonna list a few things on my todo so I don't forget when exams are over:
  1. Replace the Taharez look in the GUI.
  2. Create layouts of all the gui elements.
  3. Document the class structure of the current client and the client library, so I can get an overview and some idea of how to proceed.
  4. Explore ways of making the universe look prettier. I want to look into writing shaders and particle effects. Make the GUI look good as well. Transparency and animation?
  5. Explore how Python-Ogre wraps libraries, in case I need to wrap something e.g. update CEGUI to 0.6
  6. Add an in-game console. I'll figure out why later :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress on the 3D client.